Do not listen if you’re looking for unicorns and rainbows. Insert all the Trigger Warnings right here.
So, I did a consultation this week for many of the revisions needed from the botched plastic surgery that happened in August. To be honest, I wasn’t expecting the emotional meltdown that quickly followed. Surgery in itself is a trauma, and this experience is so complex.
I promise that I’m okay! And I don’t want you feeling sorry for me and I don’t want my DMs crowded with super caring messages of concern. Don’t you dare! Just letting me vent and be real is the greatest gift.
Thank you for listening. It means more to me than you know.
You’ll find out:
- Who I hired to vet plastic surgeons and the recommendations she gave me (post surgery)
- Thoughts on doctors and their social media following
- One of the major reasons I want these scars removed
- The trauma response I experienced during the consultation
- One of the ways I realized I distract myself from my own trauma/results
- Why I get mad at myself for getting mad at the situation
- Why having this podcast is incredibly helpful for me
- The status of the legal case (and why I don’t stress about it)
Important Links from the Show
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
Link to a Past Episode: My Plastic Surgery Nightmare
Download the Patreon App and Join The Chalene Show at patreon.com/TheChaleneShow
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #831 – Opening Minds, Shaun T’s Birthday, Zumba, Live For Today