True friendship is a 2-way street. It’s a mutual relationship where you share your greatest joys, worst fears, biggest accomplishments, and deepest sorrows. But not all friends value reciprocity. There are friendships that are one-sided or just feel like too much work to maintain. Situations such as this may lead one to wonder, “Why am I even friends with this person?” Well, in today’s episode, I’ll help as I share my 7 signs it may be time to let go of a friendship.
You’ll find out…
- Why we struggle with the decision to let a friend go
- What options you have when realizing a friendship is over
- The only time when you might want to explain to someone why you want to move on from the friendship
- The importance of not judging a friendship based on a current season
- The questions you need to ask yourself when conflicted over a friendship
- How I realized I was seeking out the wrong friends back in the day
- How to recognize if you’re being yourself in a friendship
- Why it’s selfish to stay in a friendship for another person’s happiness
- When “remember when” stories just don’t cut it anymore
- How I define immature in a friend and why I won’t tolerate it
- Personal anecdotes in regard to friendships in my life that fizzled
Important Links from the Show
Click here to subscribe to The Chalene Show!
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #266 – How To Create Amazing Friendships
Leave me a message about this episode!
To submit requests for The Chalene Show: email@example.com
To submit requests for Build Your Tribe: firstname.lastname@example.org