Bret and I are back in the car for a very candid and touching conversation about all the changes that have recently happened in our family, including: the status of Bret’s parents and updates on the lives of our children, Brock and Cierra. Will we finally be empty nesters — again?
- Background on Bret’s dad’s story
- How Bret handled his parents’ major life changes
- What is a loop (re: Alzheimer’s)
- How Bret and I encouraged Bret’s mom to dream
- The difficult decision Bret had to make in regard to his parents
- The major change which caused Bret’s mom to be happier than she has been in years
- The lesson Bret learned, more than all things, during this challenging chapter
- Brock’s big decision with school and moving
- What Bret and I have tried to role model to our children
- What Cierra is doing now since finishing up at the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising
- Why Bret and I are super proud of our kids’ choices in these transitional times
Important Links from the Show
Click here to subscribe to The Chalene Show!
Click here to rate and review!
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #583 – Caring for a Family Member | Alzheimer’s Chronicles Volume 1
Leave me a message about this episode!
To submit requests for The Chalene Show: firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit requests for Build Your Tribe: email@example.com