In this episode, my guest, Amy Porterfield — author of the upcoming book “Two Weeks Notice” — and I discuss how to determine the right time to leave your 9 to 5 job and start your own business or side hustle. We also address common concerns, such as: lack of support from a partner, limited time and resources, and creating a plan to make it happen.
You’ll find out:
- My history with Amy
- Why it’s important to consider a side hustle / entrepreneurship
- Why having a 9 to 5 means you aren’t in control of your life
- What are the Golden Handcuffs
- Why/how Amy got clear on her WHY
- The 4 Quadrants (that’ll help you figure out what to do in your future business life)
- The difference between your passion and what lights you up
- Why Amy suggests getting into action to find some clarity
- How to rewire your mind into believing YOU are a leader
- What is unbossing yourself
- Why Amy doesn’t believe in plans, but, rather, doing things scared
- Amy’s advice for those who fear the unknown
- The difference between confidence and courage (in starting a business)
- Sharing with your boss your side hustle endeavors
- What is a Post It Party
- Amy’s thoughts on acting now vs waiting
IMPORTANT LINKS FROM THE SHOW
Click here to subscribe to The Chalene Show!
Click here to rate and review!
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
Pre-order Amy’s Book “Two Weeks Notice”
Follow Amy on Instagram @amyporterfield
Listen to Amy’s Podcast Online Marketing Made Easy
OMGYES is the interactive online experience where you discover more ways to feel good — from groundbreaking research on women’s pleasure. Go to OMGYES.com/CHALENE for a special discount!
Check out Bret’s ALL NEW Course Money Matters 101 at Chalene.com/moneymatters
Download the Patreon App and Join The Chalene Show at patreon.com/TheChaleneShow
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #937 – How To Become More Disciplined This Year