You are in store for an excellent interview today as I welcome Dr. Axe to the show! He’s the co-founder of Ancient Nutrition, a true natural health pioneer, and his website is visited by 17 million people every single month (making it #1 in natural health)! In this episode, Dr. Axe and I talk all things diet, of course. Topics include: collagen, probiotics, supplements, bone broth, his new book (Keto Diet), weight gain, hormone imbalance, carbs, animal proteins, plants, spices / herbs, personalized medicine, and so much more!
You’ll find out…
- How probiotics work, the importance of them, and where to find them
- Are we better served by not over cleaning our vegetables?
- The difference between a live probiotic and what we see on the shelves for months and months
- How to know what we need in a probiotic (i.e., what to look for)
- What type of probiotic actually should be refrigerated
- What exactly is a human strain probiotic
- Why Dr. Axe believes that kids today are having so many allergies, food sensitivities, and immune system issues
- Why it is most of us are bankrupt in probiotics
- If we should regularly be on probiotics
- Whether or not it’s essential to phase probiotics
- Is it crucial to do probiotics after a bout of antibiotics?
- Are probiotic supplements enough or should we consume probiotic foods, too?
- The #1 supplement people should be taking
- Why plants today have lost so many of their nutrients
- How the quality of the life and death of the animal you’re eating affects your health
- What you should be looking for in the beef you’re buying
- Where to find quality grade animal proteins
- Everything we need to know about collagen — from the necessity of it in our diets to finding quality options to how many grams a day we should be taking
- How Chalene healed herself without surgery after her devastating hamstring avulsion
- The biggest thing we’re missing in our diet (in the U.S.) today that no one is talking about
- How hormone imbalances occur and may result in Hypothyroidism / Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis
- Dr. Axe’s top 2 tips to remedy Hypothyroidism / Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis
- The key nutrients responsible for helping repair and rejuvenate adrenals and thyroids
- What women are doing wrong in fighting weight gain
- How often you should schedule “me time” to rejuvenate yourself
- The protocol Dr. Axe’s mom followed to fight (and eventually beat) cancer
- What Dr. Axe defines as a healthy diet
- How to eat for YOUR body (e.g., gallbladder issues, IBS, etc.)
- Which foods nourish different parts of the body
- How Chinese medicine looked at health throughout history
- What it means for our bodies to be damp (80% of women are!) and how to combat that
- Why personalized medicine is Dr. Axe’s biggest passion today and how he practices
- How we, as humans, are really meant to do (follow) a Keto diet
- Why the majority of us eat too many carbs even when we think we’re not
Important Links From The Show:
Head to chalenejohnson.com/DrAxe and enter code: CHALENE10 at checkout for 10% off!
Dr. Axe’s 411:
We, at the Johnsons, love our monthly subscription to Butcher Box! There’s no other source we trust more for the healthiest protein options on the planet!
Go To www.butcherbox.com/chalene to grab your first box! (ongoing)
Or GRAB YOUR Butcher Box BBQ Bundle — $59 value — when you order by June 10th, 2019
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #309 – Leaky Gut: What You Need to Know
Leave me a message about this episode!
To submit requests for The Chalene Show: email@example.com
To submit requests for Build Your Tribe: firstname.lastname@example.org