Making Sacrifices in Your Business to Live a Balanced Life
Are you unable to dedicate 100% of your attention to your business growth? How do you keep your schedule accountable to your priorities? In this episode, I interview my son Brock, a full-time college athlete committed to building his own business while keeping his personal life in balance. He shares how he got through his first year of building a business on his own, as well as the sacrifices he had to make to maintain a balanced life.
Have you been overwhelmed with trying to balance out your work life and personal life? If so, this episode is for you. If you’re constantly questioning or feeling uneasy about the way you dedicate your time to specific areas of your life (whether that be your business or job, your social life, your alone time, your health, etc.), then it might be time for you to make some sacrifices or seek help. A balanced life can be achieved by even the busiest of people, but oftentimes… sacrifices are to be made.
What You Will Learn In This Podcast on Sacrifices for a Balanced Life:
- Chalene asks Brock: How difficult is it for you to balance student life and the pull to work on your business? (1:35)
- How do you keep your schedule accountable to all your other priorities? (3:20)
- How to identify want to’s, need too’s, and non-negotiables. AND why they need to be identified to achieve a balanced life. (4:00)
- Chalene asks Brock: What things are you willing to sacrifice to help you find a balanced life when growing your business? (4:30)
- The day of the week that Brock plans out his week ahead.
- The 3 things Brock values the most in his life. (11:40)
I hope you enjoyed this episode of me interrogating my son as much as he did (wink wink). But seriously, my son has taught me so much and has inspired me to find a better balance between my own work and personal life. Once I found that balanced life, both the work and personal aspects flourished. I can proudly say that you’ll learn so much from Brock, and urge you to not only listen in but also follow his journey!
Important Links from the Show
You can find Brock on Instagram @Brock11Johnson.
If you liked this episode, check out Episode 222 – Take Time Off or Vacation Stress-Free. Sometimes we simply just need to take a work detox.
Leave me a message about this episode!
To submit requests for Build Your Tribe: firstname.lastname@example.org