In this episode, Bret and I talk about how early behaviors in our relationship resulted in serious codependency patterns. You’ll also learn how codependency can take on many forms and how I, eventually, came to terms with this (negatively perceived) label. Growth is something we should all strive for.
You’ll find out:
- The definition of codependency that I related to most
- My main suggestion if you feel anxiety more than any other emotion re: your relationship
- Why couples might tend to grow apart
- Why, when Bret and I were first married, I was afraid to do things without him
- The times in our relationship I was resistant to change
- Why it’s healthy to have independence in your relationship
- Why/how it’s important to make a wise decision re: your relationship — based on past experiences
- Is there a right amount of time to spend together / apart?
Important Links from the Show
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
Here’s The System I Use Every Day to be More Organized & Crazy Productive: www.pushjournal.com
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #719 – What to Do When You Feel Distant from Your Partner
Leave me a message about this episode!
To submit requests for The Chalene Show: email@example.com
To submit requests for Build Your Tribe: firstname.lastname@example.org