In this episode, I dissect real life disagreements from couples who graciously shared their arguments (via screenshots of their personal text messages). As we discover, communication breakdown — from one or both partners — is shown to be the root cause of strife in these relationships.
The good news? Communication is a skill and, hence, something we can all learn to be better at.
You’ll find out:
- My preamble re: I’m not a licensed therapist / professional
- How communication styles differ within relationships (taking on different roles)
- Dozens of text message examples of arguments
- Why so many partnerships fall into 2 categories: parent vs bad child
- My advice for those who parent in a relationship
- The importance of pausing before reacting
- What we respond to that makes us feeling our best
- Why communication issues often stem from intimacy
- My definition of intimacy
- How intimacy is a skill
- How Bret and I each, individually, improved our ability to communicate over the years
IMPORTANT LINKS FROM THE SHOW
Click here to subscribe to The Chalene Show!
Click here to rate and review!
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
Take the Quiz to find out which of the 6 Pillars of Intimacy is strongest in your relationship! Go to 6pillarsofintimacy.com/quiz
Check out Bret’s ALL NEW Course Money Matters 101 at Chalene.com/moneymatters
Download the Patreon App and Join The Chalene Show at patreon.com/TheChaleneShow
Check out InstaClubHub! The ONLY All-In-One Instagram Resource Community Designed To… Grow Your Following and Reach More Customers on Instagram™ (All in Just Five Minutes a Day!)
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #791 – Realistic Advice From Real Intimacy Experts Alisa and Tony DiLorenzo