In this episode, I dissect real life disagreements from couples who graciously shared their arguments (via screenshots of their personal text messages). As we discover, communication breakdown — from one or both partners — is shown to be the root cause of strife in these relationships.
The good news? Communication is a skill and, hence, something we can all learn to be better at.
You’ll find out:
- My preamble re: I’m not a licensed therapist / professional
- How communication styles differ within relationships (taking on different roles)
- Dozens of text message examples of arguments
- Why so many partnerships fall into 2 categories: parent vs bad child
- My advice for those who parent in a relationship
- The importance of pausing before reacting
- What we respond to that makes us feeling our best
- Why communication issues often stem from intimacy
- My definition of intimacy
- How intimacy is a skill
- How Bret and I each, individually, improved our ability to communicate over the years
IMPORTANT LINKS FROM THE SHOW
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
Take the Quiz to find out which of the 6 Pillars of Intimacy is strongest in your relationship! Go to 6pillarsofintimacy.com/quiz
Check out Bret’s ALL NEW Course Money Matters 101 at Chalene.com/moneymatters
Download the Patreon App and Join The Chalene Show at patreon.com/TheChaleneShow
Check out InstaClubHub! The ONLY All-In-One Instagram Resource Community Designed To… Grow Your Following and Reach More Customers on Instagram™ (All in Just Five Minutes a Day!)
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #791 – Realistic Advice From Real Intimacy Experts Alisa and Tony DiLorenzo