Okay, I’ve never done this before! Today, your host will be Shawn Stevenson of The Model Health Show and your guest will be me! What!? Look, I’ve seriously done a ton of interviews… but there’s really only ONE person who has interviewed me that got me to cry and be as raw and as authentic as I could possibly be. That is Shawn and THIS is the interview.
Diet culture is confusing. With modern marketing, social media, and endless diet books, is it any wonder that people are confused about what to eat? The reality is, there is not a one-size-fits-all approach when it comes to diet. Different things work for different folks, and this can even vary throughout different seasons of life.
If you’re paleo or vegetarian and that works for you right now, more power to you. But being true to your health means valuing your body more than that label and being open-minded enough to consider that your needs might change one day in the future. Personalizing your nutrition approach (and being flexible!) is key to optimal health.
That’s why when I read 131 Method by Chalene Johnson, I knew I had to share it with you. The book doesn’t have a list of good and bad foods. Instead, it’s about honoring your own body, experimenting with your diet, and eating what makes you feel good. You are uniquely you, and your diet should be too. How powerful is that?
On today’s show, Chalene returns to the Model Health Show to help you challenge common food perceptions and stop thinking like a dieter. We’ll discuss how to become more metabolically flexible, and how to discover which foods work best with your body. If you’re ready to step away from destructive food habits and thought patterns, I know Chalene’s story will bring you a ton of value, insight, and empowerment.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Why Chalene begins her new book with an apology.
- The reason why one-size-fits-all diet approaches don’t work.
- How Chalene literally changed her brain health.
- The importance of giving yourself permission to experiment with food.
- How marketing has infiltrated into our culture and affected the way we raise our kids.
- What fast mimicking is and how it works.
- The difference between fasting and starving.
- What autophagy is, and why it’s so important for brain health.
- The importance of setting a clear health objective.
- How fasting can help you reset your gut and immune system.
- The most powerful method for identifying food sensitivities.
- What it means to cross train your diet.
- How to teach your body to be more metabolically flexible.
- Why cheating should not be in your food vocabulary.
- What it means to choose your hard.
Important Links from the Show
Be sure to go and subscribe to Shawn Stevenson’s Podcast
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #306 – 6 Morning Habits for Weight Loss with Shawn Stevenson
Leave me a message about this episode!
To submit requests for The Chalene Show: email@example.com
To submit requests for Build Your Tribe: firstname.lastname@example.org