Eventually we’re all going to have a physical setback. Whether it might be due to overtraining, a trip, a fall, an accident, a pregnancy, an unexpected surgery, you name it. And oftentimes the mental and emotional side of the experience can be far worse than the physical. Today, I’ll share my own personal physical setbacks — from how I felt at the time they happened to how I learned to deal with them — in order to help you better understand how to manage yours.
You’ll find out…
- The first thing you must take care of when a physical setback occurs
- The biggest mistake we make when injury happens
- How a physical setback impacts our relationships, mood, etc.
- Why it’s a blessing to rest and yet, also, keep up physical activity of some kind
- The importance of catching the signs your body gives you before injury becomes inevitable
- Why the all-or-nothing mindset will keep you injured and down longer
- Why I exercised 3 days after my hamstring avulsion (when I was ordered to bed rest)
- Why your body is smarter than your brain
- One of the main reasons I created PiYo
- Why it’s crucial, while in your hindered physical state, to understand how it happened to begin with
- Why we’re too often focused on surgery as the cure
- The role inflammation plays on our injuries
- What I learned to focus on as I was recovering from my hamstring avulsion
Important Links from the Show
Thank you to our sponsor, My Soul CBD! Go to MySoulCBD.com and use the code CHALENE to get 20% off your order!!
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #303 – Alternative Healing Options for Injury and Disease
Leave me a message about this episode!
To submit requests for The Chalene Show: email@example.com
To submit requests for Build Your Tribe: firstname.lastname@example.org