Plus Symptoms of Chronic Dehydration & How Much Should You Actually Drink
Are you drinking enough water? Dehydration plays a major role in our ability to lose weight. When 75% of us are chronically dehydrated, upping our water intake is super important not only to our weight but to our overall health. So how much water do you really need? How do you make sure you’re getting enough? And how do you break bad habits like diet soda addictions? This episode answers these questions and so much more!
I have a confession…I’m a former smoker and diet coke addict. Yep. Even as a fitness professional, I would partake in these two very bad habits. I was addicted to diet soda for at least 30 years. So it comes from personal experience when I say you can break any bad habit if you really want to…if you replace it with a new one.
Today, I want to talk to you about all the reasons why you should make a habit of drinking more water. Dehydration plays a major role in our ability to lose weight and in so many of our bodily functions. When 75% of us are chronically dehydrated, upping our water intake is critical not only to our weight but to our overall health.
So how much water do you really need? How do you make sure you’re getting enough? And how do you get yourself to drink more water and dump the other stuff? You’ll get answers to these questions and so much more in a really important lesson I want to share from the 131 Method…today, on The Chalene Show.
What You Will Learn In This Podcast on Dehydration & Weight Gain:
- The reason why you aren’t drinking enough water even though you know you need more. (5:40)
- How I was able to break my diet soda addiction and how I developed the habit of drinking 75 ounces of water per day. (6:00)
- The powerful role water plays in weight loss resistance, hormone regulation, and gut health. (6:30)
- How to replace bad habits that are causing dehydration and replace them with better habits to get the water you need. (6:50)
- Common excuses that might be keeping you from drinking more water. (7:00)
- Step 1 to kick bad habits causing dehydration: select a date by which you will begin phasing out the bad habit. (8:40)
- Step 2: deciding what will be different on the date chosen. (9:05)
- How I made a transition to cut out diet soda and drink more water. (9:42)
- What happens when you drink lemon water and the health benefits. (12:25)
- Should you drink warm water over cold water? (12:45)
- 75% of us are chronically dehydrated. (13:40)
- The symptoms of dehydration and chronic dehydration, as well as why dehydration makes it more difficult to lose weight. (14:00)
- How dehydration affects your digestion. (14:30)
- Ultimately, how much water do you really need? (17:40)
- Can you drink too much water? (22:00)
One of the best things you can do for your weight and for your health is to drink more water. I hope you enjoyed this information from the 131 Method.
If you’re curious about learning more information like this, the truth behind so many myths and misconceptions we are subject to from the diet industry, and how to discover a way of eating that works specifically for you, check out the 131 Method by going to 131movement.com.
And to learn more about the system I use to make sure I hit my daily recommended water intake every day, go to: 131H2O.com.
There’s nothing you can do that’s more powerful than making decisions that allow you to become more healthy from the inside out. I’m proud of you!
Thank you for being here. I love spending time with you, and I look forward to spending time with you again soon! I love you. You are the bomb dot com.
Important Links from the Show on Dehydration & Weight Gain
The Chalene Show is brought to you by:
Stop dieting & start living!
For the Most Convenient (& the Cutest) Way to Hit Your Daily Recommended Water Intake, Go To: www.131H2O.com
Leave me a message about this episode.
To submit requests for The Chalene Show: email@example.com
To submit requests for Build Your Tribe: firstname.lastname@example.org