Having a difficult conversation with anyone is never fun. But nonetheless — often quite necessary. Especially at work. So, how do you prepare for an uncomfortable conversation with someone on your team or a consultant?
Today, I share how I prepare for these types of conversations in the workplace. I’ll offer advice and provide insight, too, in the hopes you find it helpful and instructive for your next difficult talk.
You’ll find out:
- How difficult conversations were role-modeled for you (growing up)
- Why you should never put an uncomfortable conversation off
- How to let someone read between the lines
- Why it’s imperative to establish your intention before the talk
- Why it’s crucial to try and understand the other side’s perspective and communication style
- The main key to a difficult convo
- My tip for those who feel they may be the recipient of a tough conversation
IMPORTANT LINKS FROM THE SHOW
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
Check out Bret’s ALL NEW Course Money Matters 101 at Chalene.com/moneymatters
Download the Patreon App and Join The Chalene Show at patreon.com/TheChaleneShow
Check out InstaClubHub! The ONLY All-In-One Instagram Resource Community Designed To… Grow Your Following and Reach More Customers on Instagram™ (All in Just Five Minutes a Day!)
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #611 – The 10 Steps You Need To Start a Business | Quick Tip Tuesday