Did you know that 84% of people put things off on a regular basis? Procrastination is the coping mechanism we often use when we have anxiety, fear or overwhelm. But procrastination is a habit that can be changed, and, today, I’ll share tips and resources to help you do just that — including ways I overcome my own procrastination.
You’ll also find out:
- New statistics / studies on procrastination
- Why making a list of the things you do while you’re procrastinating is helpful
- Why we procrastinate
- How to know you’re procrastinating
- The value of prioritizing
- What is Parkinson’s Law
- What to focus on (that’ll help with procrastination)
- Why it’s so important to use a daily planner
Try these Helpful Swap Phrases
- I have to | I choose to
- I have to finish this | Oh, I get to start this
- This project is so big | I can do just one small step at a time
- This needs to be perfect | I need to make it messy
- I don’t have time | I must take time to play
Important Links from the Show
Click here to subscribe to The Chalene Show!
Click here to rate and review!
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #488 – How to Follow Through on Simple Daily Habits
Leave me a message about this episode!
To submit requests for The Chalene Show: firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit requests for Build Your Tribe: email@example.com