Did you know that 84% of people put things off on a regular basis? Procrastination is the coping mechanism we often use when we have anxiety, fear or overwhelm. But procrastination is a habit that can be changed, and, today, I’ll share tips and resources to help you do just that — including ways I overcome my own procrastination.
You’ll also find out:
- New statistics / studies on procrastination
- Why making a list of the things you do while you’re procrastinating is helpful
- Why we procrastinate
- How to know you’re procrastinating
- The value of prioritizing
- What is Parkinson’s Law
- What to focus on (that’ll help with procrastination)
- Why it’s so important to use a daily planner
Try these Helpful Swap Phrases
- I have to | I choose to
- I have to finish this | Oh, I get to start this
- This project is so big | I can do just one small step at a time
- This needs to be perfect | I need to make it messy
- I don’t have time | I must take time to play
Important Links from the Show
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #488 – How to Follow Through on Simple Daily Habits
Leave me a message about this episode!
To submit requests for The Chalene Show: email@example.com
To submit requests for Build Your Tribe: firstname.lastname@example.org