How Not To Stress When Life Gets Busy
Too much to do and too little time to get it all done? We’ve all had too much on our plates at one time or another, and it can be super overwhelming. In this Car Smart episode, I share my top tips for eliminating stress when your to-do list is weighing you down.
You’re probably here today because you’re feeling overwhelmed, stressed out and like there’s too much on your plate. And even if you don’t feel that way right now, I’m sure there have been plenty of times in your life where you’ve experienced this type of stress. Today, I have suggestions for how to fix it and more importantly WHY you must fix it.
It’s not a good idea to keep stretching your limits and putting more and more on your plate. Stress takes a major toll on your life. People who are regularly under significant amounts of stress are more susceptible to disease, and are more likely to mistreat the ones they love most, make decisions that are contradictory to their health, crave unhealthy foods, and have more wrinkles and gray hair.
So how do you reduce stress when there’s just too much on your plate? How do you deal? I share my top tips and more in this episode of The Chalene Show.
What You Will Learn In This Podcast on Eliminating Stress When There’s Too Much On Your Plate:
- The stress signs you might be ignoring and how we can go from calm to being sent over the edge by just one more thing added to our plates. (2:45)
- How to set boundaries and why they are necessary. (4:00)
- My personal experience and current stress story that might help you see your situation in a different light. (4:27)
- How to approach and weigh your options. (5:30)
- How stress increases your chance of disease. (6:40)
- What is a priority clarity statement and how can it help you in approaching stressful situations and making the right decision for you? (8:00)
- How stress is often tied to people. (9:20)
- How to deal with a situation or people who are expecting things from you or pressuring you. (12:00)
- How to say “no” and what you can say instead when you feel uncomfortable saying “no.” (13:00)
- What to do and steps to take when you’re struggling with a difficult decision. (16:00)
- Actionable steps you can take to reduce stress: make a list, circle the things only you can do, delegate the rest. (17:20)
Give yourself permission to live your life and stop worrying about the expectations of others. Stop saying “yes” so quickly. And get a priority clarity statement in place, so that when difficult, stressful situations arise, your options become more clear.
I hope you enjoyed this episode! We’re taking The Chalene Show on the road! To bring us to your town, take a screenshot of your podcast app showing that you subscribe to the show, and send that photo in an email with your city and state to email@example.com.
I’d love to come to your town, and I can’t wait to hear from you! Thanks for being here. You are the bomb dot com!
Important Links from the Show
Here’s The System I Use Every Day to be More Organized & Crazy Productive: www.smartlifepushjournal.com
The Chalene Show is brought to you by:www.131movement.com
Stop dieting & start living!
Here’s a System to Help You Hit Your Daily Recommended Water Intake Every Day: www.131H2O.com
Check out the 131 Method Blog: http://blog.131method.com
Click here to subscribe to The Chalene Show.
If you liked this episode, check out “How to Have More Energy: 4 Types of Energy You Need for Success.”
Leave me a message about this episode!
To submit requests for The Chalene Show: firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit requests for Build Your Tribe: email@example.com