This episode is all about organizing your brain! I’ll explore how to take the science behind how the brain works and use that to turbo charge your focus and efficiency. Did you know that since 1986 we now take in 5 times the amount of data a day! This is the equivalent of reading 7 newspapers cover to cover. It’s no wonder it’s so hard for us to remember the simplest task. The negative side to this is our brains aren’t equipped with what it takes to handle all of this extra data. From a neuroscience standpoint, multitasking is not doable. Our brains literally cannot multitask; they actually toggle back and forth from one task to another. It’s time to learn how to be more focused and efficient!
You’ll find out:
- The newest science on brains and how we take in information
- Why we often feel so stressed
- How our brains have evolved (or haven’t) since primitive man
- Why we’re not meant to multitask
- The 4 components of our attention system
- How you can combat feeling stressed out
- The benefits of letting your mind wander
- What you need to do to get super focused
Important Links from the Show
To find out more about Daniel Levitin and his book “The Organized Mind” GO HERE
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #366 – How to Finish What You Started and Stop Quitting
Leave me a message about this episode!
To submit requests for The Chalene Show: firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit requests for Build Your Tribe: email@example.com