I put a poll up on Instagram asking my followers if they would describe themselves as more of a Giver or a Taker. And, to my amazement and total disbelief, 95% of the people said they were Givers! So, I invited Bret to join me on the podcast to discuss what the actual characteristics are of a Giver and a Taker. We will also give you 2 assignments that’ll give you a better idea and understanding as to whether you are actually a Giver, a Taker or maybe a bit of both.
You’ll also find out…
- How Bret and I, individually, would describe a true giver
- How Bret and I, individually, would describe a taker
- What is a matcher
- How many people start off as matchers and then become takers
- My definition of a healthy friendship
- How Bret and I give and take in our relationship
- How I’m often bamboozled by people and Bret is not
- Why it’s not healthy to be exclusively a giver or a taker
- Telltale signs of a taker
- Traits of an unhealthy giver
- My homework for you!
Important Links from the Show
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
Follow Bret on Instagram @bretjohnson11
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #415 – How to Build Closeness in a Relationship | CarSmart Edition
Leave me a message about this episode!
To submit requests for The Chalene Show: email@example.com
To submit requests for Build Your Tribe: firstname.lastname@example.org