I have covered the topic of ADD and ADHD on many prior episodes — from how it affects my daily life to the habits and coping mechanisms I developed to ensure my success. Today, I want to help you understand what it’s like as a child with ADD or ADHD and how you, as a parent, can help them become happy, successful and productive adults.
You’ll find out:
- Why it’s so important to get a diagnosis for ADHD (if you suspect you have it)
- Why getting a brain SPECT is the way to go
- The kind of ADHD I have
- Why I feel like I had an advantage growing up with my dad (who had the same type of ADHD)
- Why it’s imperative to learn everything possible about the way an ADHD brain works
- The 3 components needed to live and thrive with ADHD
- Why it’s crucial to educate yourself on how to parent a child with ADHD
- Why it’s so important to create an environment that supports ADHD
- Why getting your child with ADHD into sports and/or other physical activities (they love) is a game-changer
- What is to think big picture and why it matters
Important Links from the Show
Click here to subscribe to The Chalene Show!
Click here to rate and review!
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
Find out more about the Amen Clinics
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #474 – Coping with a Loved One Who Has ADD or ADHD with Bret Johnson
Leave me a message about this episode!
To submit requests for The Chalene Show: firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit requests for Build Your Tribe: email@example.com