If you haven’t listened to Part 1 of this 2 part series, head over and listen to Episode 241 – Dr. Dawn DeSylvia’s Solutions to Hormone Related Weight Gain | Part 1. It will open your eyes to weight loss and it’s connection to hormones and gut health.
In this episode we talk about food sensitivities, brain derived neurotropic growth factor, peri menopause, hormone replacement, how to sit in the driver seat with your health and how heavy metals, leaky gut, and environmental factors all effect our ability to lose weight. We also dive into adrenal fatigue, hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, testosterone supplementation, and how it all effects weight gain and weight loss!
Below are some common questions we got from you, the listeners! The answers are written as cliff-notes, so to get Dr. Dawn DeSylvia’s full answer, make sure you download and listen to the episode!
If I know my gut health is pore, before even running any tests, is there a way to repair the gut?
- Typically this is directly linked to the bad bacteria in your gut feeding off of sugar, metals, and food that you are intolerant to.
At what hormone level are you considered peri menopausal?
- Technically it happens at all different times, depending on the woman. A lot of peri menopausal women complain about not being able to lose weight, and about having a thick layer of fat all over their body. Some think the solution is to just train harder and eat less. But that isn’t fixing the root of the problem.
What are the risks associated with hormone replacement? And what should I be looking for?
- This is a little bit of a loaded question because every woman’s risk is different depending on her genetic history.
Other Topics and Questions Covered in this Interview:
- Adrenal fatigue – many listeners have been diagnosed with this. Is it as common as it seems to be reported? And if so, how does that effect our hormones?
- How is adrenal fatigue and hypothyroidism different?
- The definition of adrenal fatigue and Hypo/Hyperthyroidism.
- Why you should be testing your testosterone levels.
- How come I can no longer digest (FoodX)?
- Should I be taking Vitamin D?
- The potential side effects of over the counter supplements.
- Menopause and peri menopause and the effects they have on your hormones.
Dr. Dawn DeSylvia’s Top 5 Tips and resources >>> Top 5 Tips to Take Back Control of Your Health! So that you are able to walk into your next doctors appointment with information that empowers you!