Summer camp has been cancelled, school is online, there will be no family vacation, birthday parties are on Zoom and grandma and grandpa are off limits. Basically, all the best parts about being a kid have been put on hold. Today, I’ll provide tips that’ll help your family cope with all this change and disappointment and — even better — give your children something to look forward to!
You’ll also find out…
- The responses from my poll on IG about how your kids are coping during these times
- Why, at the outset, the pandemic might’ve caused some kids / families to be excited
- Signs your child might be suffering psychologically
- The best thing you can do for your child’s mental state
- Why you must model what it looks like to be calm
- What children need to thrive
- Why parents must be creative in building hope for their children
- The importance of teaching your kids how to be resilient
- The feelings of uncertainty my son, Brock, is currently going through (and the big decision he recently made)
- How Bret and I helped Cierra, our daughter, reach major life decisions during quarantine
- Why it’s more crucial to teach your kids how they want to feel VS what they want to have
- How to give your kids the opportunity to regain control
- Examples of parents setting different family rules during the pandemic to enhance their children’s lives
- Why parents need to think twice about being plugged into the new
- The action you can take TODAY to give your kids something to look forward to
Important Links from the Show
Resources to help your children cope
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #451 – Parenting Advice
Leave me a message about this episode!
To submit requests for The Chalene Show: email@example.com
To submit requests for Build Your Tribe: firstname.lastname@example.org