Today, I turn the show over to Ashley Sweeney, lead Dietician for Phase It Up — our health/habits/nutrition program. Ashley talks with Dr. Carrie Jones (internationally recognized speaker, consultant, and educator on the topic of Women’s Health & Hormones). They’ll share how stress affects hormones, what you can do to balance hormone levels, if you should be hormone testing, and so much more!
You’ll find out:
- Why women above the age of 40 tend to be neglected re: their hormone health
- What is the Dutch Test
- How Dr. Carrie got involved with the Dutch Test
- What is a steroid pathway
- Why the term hormones is broadly encompassing
- Who Dr. Carrie recommends having hormone testing
- How cortisol plays a role in perimenopause
- How diet plays a role in your hormones
- What is metabolically flexible
- How do you actually know when you’re in perimenopause / menopause
- Dr. Carrie’s thoughts on Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Why estrogen has had a bad wrap
- How to gauge the quantity and type of estrogen to take
- All things melatonin
- How serotonin affects the status of melatonin
- How to go about taking the dutch test
Important Links from the Show
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
Follow Ashley on Instagram, @ashleysweeneyrd
Join Phase It Up!
For more on the DUTCH test, please visit: dutchtest.com
To follow Dr. Carrie Jones on social media, please visit @DrCarrieJones
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #582 – The Habits of Health and Weight Loss with Ashely Sweeney RD and Phase It Up
Leave me a message about this episode!
To submit requests for The Chalene Show: email@example.com
To submit requests for Build Your Tribe: firstname.lastname@example.org