Have you ever gotten an email or letter from a law firm accusing you of violating copyright law? You may be surprised that this happens all the time and is not always legit. Today, I explain the law, when you should be worried, when you can ignore it (and trust it’s a scam), and what you need to do to avoid this ever happening to you.
You’ll find out:
- What is the DMCA
- Personal experiences in our businesses involving scams and copyright infringement
- Examples of copyright infringement
- Our recent issue with a law firm re: copyright laws
- What the “shakedown” often includes
- What happens when you try and fight
- When you should be in touch with a lawyer
- How to proceed with these troll-like law firms
- The gamble Bret and I took early on in our business life re: hiring legal counsel
Important Links from the Show
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
Check out InstaClubHub! The ONLY All-In-One Instagram Resource Community Designed To… Grow Your Following and Reach More Customers on Instagram™ (All in Just Five Minutes a Day!)
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #534 – How to Prepare for Big Changes in Business and Life
Leave me a message about this episode!
To submit requests for The Chalene Show: firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit requests for Build Your Tribe: email@example.com