If getting proper sleep is the most important thing you can do for your health, why aren’t more people taking it seriously? I was one of those people until I was forced to make a drastic change in my lifestyle by turning SLEEP into my #1 priority. In today’s episode, I’ll share with you exactly how I did just that in the hopes it helps you improve your overall health. And, by extension, your day-to-day productivity!
You’ll find out:
- What my nighttime routine used to look like (when the kids were small and I didn’t honor my sleep)
- The importance of going to bed the same time as your partner
- How I woke up (pun intended) to the damage caused by years of sleep deprivation
- What happens to your body and brain while sleep deprived
- How I changed my habits and triggers to ensure I was finally making sleep a priority
- Details behind my current nighttime routine
- How I induce sleep hours before I go to bed
- audio learning, PUSH journal, etc.
Important Links from the Show
Click here to subscribe to The Chalene Show!
Prior podcasts on sleep:
039: Sleep Off Your Fat | Fit Friday with Keith Harris
121: Sleep Deprivation Equals Brain Damage
181: Sleep In To Get Thin with Shawn Stevenson
235: How Sleep Deprivation Affects Weight Gain with Dr. Michael Breus Part I
237: How To Radically Improve Your Life By Knowing Your Natural Sleep Type Part II with Dr. Michael Breus
245: Why I’ve Turned Into A Pseudo Scientist | From Brain to Sleep to Gut Health
Prior blogs on sleep:
The app I use, Relax Melodies, which has been so helpful in prepping for bedtime and waking up refreshed in the morning!
Join the PodSquad!
Leave me a message about this episode!
To submit requests for The Chalene Show: firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit requests for Build Your Tribe: email@example.com