Does negative feedback make you defensive, embarrassed or even angry? In this episode, I’ll share why I feel negative feedback (i.e., criticism) is actually something to get excited about. Hint: it’s often a fantastic opportunity to grow and improve oneself!
You’ll find out:
- Why / how I got into the fitness industry
- The time I received constructive (negative) feedback re: teaching fitness (and how it shaped me)
- The 1st thing you have to do with negative feedback
- Why I truly appreciate constructive criticism
- That time a stranger gave me negative feedback (on social media) and I listened and took her suggestion (and then agreed with her)
- Why you shouldn’t be ashamed or embarrassed with feedback on social media
- My recommendation on how to react to negative feedback (in the moment)
- The best way to investigate feedback
- Why it’s imperative to consider WHY you’re receiving such feedback
- How you should treat the person who gave you negative feedback
- Why you might want to consider asking people in your life for feedback (with suggestions)
Important Links from the Show
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #661 – Who Cares What They Think?
Leave me a message about this episode!
To submit requests for The Chalene Show: email@example.com
To submit requests for Build Your Tribe: firstname.lastname@example.org