Many times we want to reject or invalidate someone’s feelings simply because we know we’ve hurt them — no matter the intention. But there’s no dismissing someone’s feelings. Which is why it’s so important to understand and validate the feelings of the people you love. In this episode, I’ll shed some light on how to better communicate! I’ll talk you through a process of creating empathy for those around you and then offer tips on how best to respond in potentially tense situations.
You’ll also find out:
- Why your feelings matter (even if they’re not based in truth)
- Why it’s dangerous to dismiss someone’s feelings
- What to do when someone expresses how they’re feeling
- What I need to work on re: taking others’ feelings seriously
- Phrases (responses) for when someone shares their feelings with us
- The kindest thing to give someone
- My advice on seeking help for feeling validated
Important Links from the Show
Click here to subscribe to The Chalene Show!
Click here to rate and review!
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #607 – Understanding Complicated Female Friendships
Leave me a message about this episode!
To submit requests for The Chalene Show: firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit requests for Build Your Tribe: email@example.com