How to heal as an adult when you’ve been abused — physically or sexually — as a child
This is an episode probably best listened to without the children around. My good friend, Dr. Mcayla Sarno, and I have a heart to heart about the new HBO documentary series: “Leaving Neverland”. Get ready for a lot of open and honest convo! Also, Dr. Mcayla gives her amazing insights — from child abuse to celebrity — from a therapist’s perspective.
You’ll also find…
- Is it possible to dissociate the artist from the man (and still listen to MJ’s music)?
- What is the true definition of idolize?
- Why the parents of the accusers refused to see reality
- A personal story with my daughter, Cierra, and a near-miss experience with an abusive coach
- How the response to your sexual abuse – by those you love most – is often more traumatic than the abuse itself
- How do you respond as a parent when your child opens up about abuse?
- And, of course, the importance of good therapy!
Important Links from the Show
Audible, the most inspiring minds, the most compelling stories. The best place to listen. Get started with a 30-day trial when you go to audible.com/CHALENE or text CHALENE to 500500 and listen for a change.
Pick Up the book I HIGHLY recommend in today’s show, The Body Keeps The Score!
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #356 – Protecting Our Children from Sexual Predators | Why We Must Believe Our Children
Leave me a message about this episode!
To submit requests for The Chalene Show: firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit requests for Build Your Tribe: email@example.com