What does it take to be married for over half a century? In today’s CarSmart episode I take a ride with my parents, Bill and Marge!!! They talk all about marriage and parenting, what the toughest times were and how they worked through them. And I (of course) dig deep with my parents and get all the tough questions answered while also sharing all the sweet and funny moments of their marriage. Get ready to embark on a really fun ride!!!
- My parent’s hardest seasons and why they were difficult
- How my parents recovered from the fire
- How they partnered together to handle work stressors
- How my dad’s entrepreneurial spirit affected their marriage
- Arguing with your partner and how to communicate what’s going on to your children
- Teaching your kids to 100% delve into whatever they do, letting them make their own decisions/find their own interests and why it’s imperative
- What my parent’s thought I was going to do when I grew up and why
- My parent’s feelings on mine and my siblings’ marriages
- Whether or not my parents went to marriage counseling
- How my parent’s upbringing affected the way they parented my siblings and me
- My parent’s reflection on their marriage and how they’ve impacted one another
Important Links from the Show
Download the Discover Your Thing Questionnaire!
Be sure to get on the waitlist for Marketing Impact Academy registration is opening SOON!!
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #415 – How to Build Closeness in a Relationship | CarSmart Edition
Leave me a message about this episode!
To submit requests for The Chalene Show: email@example.com
To submit requests for Build Your Tribe: firstname.lastname@example.org