My 19-year-old daughter, Cierra, is my guest today. You’re going to hear a very candid, honest, and open conversation between us. Our chat covers such topics ranging from confidence, therapy, body image, parenting, to so much more. I have a feeling you’ll love it as we take you down memory lane. If you’re a parent (or thinking of becoming one), this episode is a must listen!!!
You’ll hear topics ranging from…
- Kids raised in households where parents hold them to a high standard
- The importance of letting your kids be who they want to be from a very young age
- How Cierra applied her own individuality in school
- Why “bullying” has become a catch all term
- The reason behind Cierra starting track
- How and when I knew Cierra was becoming obsessive with track
- Should you allow your kids to quit what they’ve signed up for?
- How Brock began to show OCD tendencies at 7 years old and how Bret and I dealt with it
- Why Cierra felt the need to be constantly productive
- The 2 main (and most important) qualities Cierra credits Bret and I having as parents
- Thoughts on therapy for the whole family
- Body image for females in competitive sports
- How both kids and parents wrap their identities in the sport
the child participates in
- The shocking realization about why female track athletes wear so little
Important Links from the Show
Click here to subscribe to The Chalene Show!
Follow Cierra on Instagram @cierraoday
Get Your 7-day Free Trial to Blinkist
Link to Pre-Order Chalene’s New Book
For tix to The Chalene Show Live
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #317 – When You F Up as a Parent
Leave me a message about this episode!
To submit requests for The Chalene Show: email@example.com
To submit requests for Build Your Tribe: firstname.lastname@example.org