Recently, I discovered that I’ve been reading books far more frequently than ever before. This habit has brought immense value and joy to my life! Because of which, I decided to provide tips on how you, too, can read more. In addition, I’ll share 12 books I read this year that opened up (and expanded) my mind and heart. Now, more than ever, we need to be reading books as they provide a healthy escape from everyday life, including: social media, television and the news.
You’ll also find out:
- Why I’ve been reading more than I ever have
- Why those born after 1990 don’t understand what real boredom feels like
- Why people are reading less and less
- How many books I read on average
- My permission to quit reading a book (and when you should)
- How I’ve been able to read more books this year than ever before
- Why I feel I have an obligation to teach people how to use social media responsibly
- How I recommend to listen to an audible book
- Why it’s crucial to set aside time for a book every day (and how much time that should be)
- Why I recommend listening to books
- Why I read books by authors whose perspective I may not understand
- My book recommendations, both for audible and hard copy
Important Links from the Show
Click here to subscribe to The Chalene Show!
Click here to rate and review!
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
Physical Book Recommendations
- Becoming Better Grownups by Brad Montague
- I Need Your Love – Is that True? By Byron Katie
- Exactly What to Say by Phil Jones
- Creating Moments of Joy for the Person with Alzheimer’s or Dementia by Jolen Brackey
- White Fragility by Robin Diangelo
- Black Out by Candace Owens
Go to Audible.com/CHALENE to get a Free Book!
Audible Book Recommendations
- The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry by Johns Mark Comer
- We Need to Talk by Celeste Headlee
- Tiny Habits by BJ Fogg
- 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don’t Do by Amy Morin
- Greenlights by Matthew McConaughey
- Darling Days by IO Tillett Wright
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #503 – 11 Must Watch Documentaries | CarSmart Edition
Leave me a message about this episode!
To submit requests for The Chalene Show: firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit requests for Build Your Tribe: email@example.com