In this episode we explore treatment options for focus and attention issues, with special focus on ADHD & ADD.
Our special guest is Dr. Craig Heacock, a practicing psychologist with ADHD shares his extensive experience in treatment of both adults and children with issues around focus.
Dr. Heacock and I delve deep into this important topic, discussing why ADHD diagnoses are on the rise, why anxiety and depression are often mistaken for ADHD, the potential benefits and risks of relying on stimulant based medications, and the range of alternative treatments available.
This episode explores the unique challenges of treating ADHD, and the pros and cons of medications that are commonly prescribed, such as Adderall, Strattera, Vyvanse, and Ritalin, including potential side effects, such as addiction, dependency, sleep disturbances, mood fluctuation and more.
Dr. Heacock sheds light on the misdiagnosis of ADHD, as it relates to those who experience, anxiety and depression, and how social media, lifestyle and sleep can cause symptoms that mimic ADHD. He discusses ways to improve focus and dramatically improve symptoms through behavior modification.
This episode explores the latest research and Dr. Heacock’s first hand experience to help you make informed decisions about your treatment options.
Whether you’re considering medication, alternative treatments, or a combination of both, this episode will provide you with an understanding of the options available. So, tune in and join us for an enlightening and informative discussion on this important topic.
Links from today’s episode:
- Follow Dr. Heacock on Instagram: @backfromtheabysspodcast
- Check out Dr. Heacock’s Podcast: Back from the Abyss – Psychiatry in Stories
- Learn more about Dr. Heacock at craigheacockmd.com
Download the Patreon App and Join The Chalene Show at patreon.com/TheChaleneShow
Thank you to our show sponsor Blissy! Sleep better with Blissy and use CHALENE to get an additional 30% off at blissy.com/CHALENE
To get the exclusive offer for my listeners go to magbreakthrough.com/chalene and enter code CHALENE to get 10% off any order plus a special gift
To advertise on our podcast, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention The Chalene Show
Links You May Want to Check out:
- Subscribe to Subscribe to Build Your Tribe!!!
- Check out Bret’s Course Money Matters 101 at Chalene.com/moneymatters
- Be sure to check out the Push Journals and Notebooks!! Go to PushJournal.com
- Join Phase it Up and start creating healthier habits, it isn’t like other diets or programs! PhaseItUp.com
- Join the InstaClubHub to go deep in learning all the latest tips and strategies to Instagram growth and engagement! InstaClubHub.com
- Check out all the Discounts and some of Chalene’s favorite things at Chalene.com/Deals
- Leave Chalene a message at (619) 500-4819
- Leave Chalene a Voicemail review or question HERE
- Go to Chalene.com/MyThing and see what your passion or hidden talents are!!
Connect with me on your fav social platform:
- Instagram: www.Instagram.com/ChaleneJohnson
- Facebook: www.Facebook.com/Chalene
- TikTok: @chaleneOfficial
- Twitter: www.Twitter.com/ChaleneJohnson
Sign Up For MY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER and you’ll get FREE tips on how to live a ridiculously amazing fun-filled life!
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes!!!
Hey! Send me a tweet & tell me what you think about the show! (Use the Hashtag) #The Chalene Show so I know you’re a homie!