Tips & Techniques to Deal With Family & Friends That Aren’t Supporting Your Growth
When you don’t have support from the people who matter most, it can hurt. How do you deal with a lack of support when you’re changing for the better? Whether you want to lose weight, get a new job, get married or start a family, start a business, or you simply want to be better, how do you deal with family and friends when it feels like they’re sabotaging your success? Listen to this episode for tips and techniques.
Today, we’re talking about something that’s pretty common when it comes to moving up and moving on. This doesn’t necessarily mean gaining financial success; I’m talking about simply bettering yourself in any way. There are very specific reasons why this happens, and unfortunately, it will probably happen every time you make a major shift for the rest of your life. Let’s talk about the people who don’t support you or how to deal with a loved one when it seems like they secretly want you to fail.
What You Will Learn In This Podcast on Lacking Support:
- It’s not about you. For many people, change represents fear. This isn’t about cutting people out of your life. Sometimes that’s not possible. (2:00)
- Why it’s actually your responsibility as a leader to help people feel confident and comfortable when you feel like you’re lacking support. (4:45)
- To understand the attitude of another person and gain their support, you must empathize with their pain. (6:30)
- Why you need to have an open mind to feedback your getting and avoid acting defensively. (8:30)
- Exercise – put pen to paper and weigh the pros and cons. (9:00)
- There are different types of people who don’t support you that you might consider listening to: protective people and mentors. (9:30)
- When you need to put yourself in the position of the person whose support you want and aren’t getting. (11:00)
- What to do when you have friends that you no longer have something in common with. (13:40)
- What to do is the person who does not support you is your partner. (14:30)
- What to do to fix this lack of support. (19:00)
Nonetheless, this person’s lack of support is most likely a result of their fear of change and your significance in their life. You are so significant in my life. I truly appreciate you tuning in and only want the best for you. I hope you found this episode helpful! I’d love to hear your thoughts in a 5 star review! Thank you! You are the bomb dot com!
Important Links from the Show
Here’s The System I Use Every Day to be More Organized & Crazy Productive:
The Chalene Show is brought to you by: www.131movement.com
Stop dieting & start living!
If you liked this episode, check out “How to Help Someone You Love.”
Leave me a message about this episode!
To submit requests for The Chalene Show: firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit requests for Build Your Tribe: email@example.com