Setback Motivation & Injury Motivation: How to Not Just Survive but Thrive
How to deal with an injury or physical setback. Whether you have a physical injury, you got in an accident, or you’re on bedrest waiting for the birth of your first child….whatever it is, if you have some type of physical setback where you can’t engage in your normal routine or do what you normally do, I have some tips to help you not only survive but to thrive and see the silver lining.
I want to start by saying there’s only so much we can control, and I personally believe that God has a plan for our lives long before we’re ever born. Therefore, I truly believe my hamstring injury was all part of the plan. And whatever setback you’re dealing with right now, it’s part of god’s plan for you, too.
But even if you know this to be true, it doesn’t always make it easier. Because of that, I want to share some tips that I think will make your physical setback or injury much easier.
What You Will Learn In This Podcast on Setbacks & Physical Injuries
- Why throwing a pity party won’t help you, and how to go about keeping your attitude in check. (7:47)
- Why challenges are an opportunity in disguise. (8:20)
- The easiest way to change your attitude is to change your perspective. (9:30)
- How your perspective affects your ability to bounce back from a setback and why feeling sorry for yourself won’t help. (9:20)
- Why you need a routine to keep your sanity and how to keep things in tact when your routine has been disrupted. (9:45)
- How your setback is an opportunity to get stronger in other areas. (13:10)
- Why you should avoid setting deadlines for your setback or injury recovery. (14:20)
- How you can improve your healing process. (15:40)
I hope this helps you understand how you can not only deal with a setback but actually thrive in your recovery. I also hope you can see the opportunities, the silver lining, and the growth that’s possible when you face adversity like this. Because let’s be real…unless you’re sitting on your butt all day, a physical setback is something all of us just have to come to expect. And if you follow these tips, you’ll get through it with flying colors!
Thank you so much for listening to this podcast! Please reach out to me and let me know what you liked about it whether that’s on social media or in a review (which is always much appreciated). Don’t forget… You are the bomb dot com.
Important Links from this Show on Physical Setbacks & Motivation
Here’s The System I Use Every Day to be More Organized & Crazy Productive:
The Chalene Show is brought to you by:
Stop dieting & start living!
If you enjoyed this podcast, check out “How the All or Nothing Mindset is Killing Your Progress.”
Leave me a message about this episode.
To submit requests for The Chalene Show: email@example.com
To submit requests for Build Your Tribe: firstname.lastname@example.org