Today is all about building a fortress around your focus. Focus really boils down to 2 things: minimizing distractions and maximizing your creative energy. Distractions cause your brain to decide which one to focus on. Even if you have a T.V. on in the background, your brain is processing what’s happening on that television whether you’re consciously listening to it or not. In this episode, I’ll share with you the necessary steps to put your brain in the best possible environment for focus.
You’ll find out…
- Why you need to eliminate distractions
- What happens in your brain when everyday notifications and alerts pop up
- What types of things distract us — from sound to visual
- Recommendations for how to get things done when you have kids
- How to help people make decisions on their own and not be dependent on you
- Suggestions on how you can honor your time and be productive with no distractions
Important Links from the Show
To find out more about Daniel Levitin and his book “The Organized Mind” GO HERE
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #438 – Focus | How to Organize Your Brain – Part 1
Leave me a message about this episode!
To submit requests for The Chalene Show: email@example.com
To submit requests for Build Your Tribe: firstname.lastname@example.org