With all that is going in the world right now, it’s imperative to play close attention to the subject of suicide — a serious public health problem that can have lasting harmful effects on friends, families and communities. Did you know that for every person who takes their own life there are 20 people who attempted suicide (and survived)? Today, I share some of the warning signs and how we can all help reduce the suicide rate in this country.
You’ll also find out:
- Alarming numbers / statistics in regard to suicide (pre and post pandemic)
- The newest data on suicide rates in the LGBT community
- Groups most at risk of succumbing to suicide
- A montage featuring suicide survivors and their personal stories
- Signs someone you love may be in danger and/or great risk
- My cold hard advice to parents
- An inspiring poem for those suffering with suicidal thoughts
Important Links from the Show
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: Available 24 hours. 1-800-273-8255
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #487 – Tips to Stop Worrying and Start Living
Leave me a message about this episode!
To submit requests for The Chalene Show: firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit requests for Build Your Tribe: email@example.com