Welcome to another installment of The Alzheimer’s Chronicles — where Bret and I open up and share how we’re currently coping during this season with Bret’s dad and his Alzheimer’s. Today, I’ll offer my thoughts on why I’m sharing Bob’s journey online, how feelings / emotions change throughout this experience and how families can splinter in situations like these. Major thanks to everyone who continue to send messages of love and support our way!
You’ll find out:
- What I did for my birthday and why
- How Debbie, my mother in law, is doing right now
- How Bob responded to seeing Debbie
- Why it’s not uncommon for families to splinter during times like these
- My thoughts on doing more than others (in families / relationships)
- Why we feel calmer with Bob in the house these days
- Why I sometimes feel guilt at this time in our lives
- When Bob starts looping and why
- How long we will care for Bob
Important Links from the Show
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
Books on Alzheimer’s:
- The 36 Hour Day
- Learning to Speak Alzheimer’s
- Creating Moments of Joy
- The End of Alzheimer’s
- Watch a video on Bob the legendary High School Football Coach
Other related podcast episodes:
Leave me a message about this episode!
To submit requests for The Chalene Show: email@example.com
To submit requests for Build Your Tribe: firstname.lastname@example.org