Whether you have your own podcast or trying to be a guest on someone else’s, the podcast space has become very competitive. So, which should you focus your attention on — hosting a podcast or being the interviewee? In this episode, I’ll dedicate time to answering this quandary. Also, you’ll hear from some of my top ranking podcast friends! Experts, like: Jordan Harbinger, Paul Colligan, Amy Porterfield, Shawn Stevenson and my husband, Bret Johnson. They’ll share thoughts and tips on everything from pitching yourself as a guest to personal do’s and don’ts (on what it takes to get on a show or how to get someone on your show).
You’ll find out…
- How talent agents have become involved in the podcast-sphere (from hosts to guests) and are they worth it
- One of the best ways to grow a following for your future podcast
- Which website to check currents rankings and analytics for podcasts
- Why shooting to have “big” guests on your show doesn’t pull in the numbers
- How to get really good guests on your pod
- What you should be looking for in guests
- How to be creative when getting in touch with a podcaster (to ultimately be a guest on their show)
- My IGTV idea for you (that is, if I may say, brilliant)
- How to use collaborations to grow your audience
Important Links from the Show
- Jordan Harbinger The Jordan Harbinger Show
- Paul Colligan The Podcast Report
- Get Paul’s free podcasting tool HERE
- Amy Porterfield Online Marketing Made Easy
- Shawn Stevenson The Model Health Show
- Listen to Shawn’s latest interview with Chalene HERE
- Rob Murgatroyd Work Hard Play Hard Podcast
- Jenna Kutcher Goal Digger Podcast
- Download Chalene’s IGTV Report!!! Go to Chalene.com/IGTV
- Discover Your Thing Questionnaire!
Be sure to get on the waitlist for Marketing Impact Academy registration is opening SOON!!
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #234 –How to Grow Your Podcast Show with Paul Colligan
Leave me a message about this episode!
To submit requests for The Chalene Show: firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit requests for Build Your Tribe: email@example.com