Overthinking is a common human behavior, but when it becomes excessive it can consume us — leading to overwhelm, negativity and mental paralysis. In this episode, I share tips to help you break the cycle of overthinking.
You’ll find out:
- Examples of overthinking
- How the brain is designed to protect us
- How to discern whether or not you’re an overthinker
- How overthinking becomes a downward cycle
- The power of writing to combat your thoughts
- Why/how thinking of the worst-case-scenario can prove helpful
- Why it’s crucial to consider when your negative thought patterns began
- How you’re giving your overthinking permission to hold you hostage
- The beauty in making it messy
IMPORTANT LINKS FROM THE SHOW
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
OMGYES is the interactive online experience where you discover more ways to feel good — from groundbreaking research on women’s pleasure. Go to OMGYES.com/CHALENE for a special discount!
Check out Bret’s ALL NEW Course Money Matters 101 at Chalene.com/moneymatters
Download the Patreon App and Join The Chalene Show at patreon.com/TheChaleneShow
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #937 – How To Become More Disciplined This Year