Overthinking is a common human behavior, but when it becomes excessive it can consume us — leading to overwhelm, negativity and mental paralysis. In this episode, I share tips to help you break the cycle of overthinking.
You’ll find out:
- Examples of overthinking
- How the brain is designed to protect us
- How to discern whether or not you’re an overthinker
- How overthinking becomes a downward cycle
- The power of writing to combat your thoughts
- Why/how thinking of the worst-case-scenario can prove helpful
- Why it’s crucial to consider when your negative thought patterns began
- How you’re giving your overthinking permission to hold you hostage
- The beauty in making it messy
IMPORTANT LINKS FROM THE SHOW
Click here to subscribe to The Chalene Show!
Click here to rate and review!
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
OMGYES is the interactive online experience where you discover more ways to feel good — from groundbreaking research on women’s pleasure. Go to OMGYES.com/CHALENE for a special discount!
Check out Bret’s ALL NEW Course Money Matters 101 at Chalene.com/moneymatters
Download the Patreon App and Join The Chalene Show at patreon.com/TheChaleneShow
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #937 – How To Become More Disciplined This Year