Friendships provide us with affirmation and make us feel important. But when we depend on the other person to feel worthy and lovable, we’re heading into unhealthy territory. Today, I’ll break down the purpose and meaning of female friendships. I’ll also explain in detail the different tiers of friendship — which will help you better understand what a healthy relationship between friends should feel like.
You’ll also find out:
- Why you don’t need affirmation from someone else to know that you’re lovable
- Ways friendships differ from romantic relationships
- How friendships can provide accountability
- The different levels of friendships and details behind each
- How social media complicates the definition of friendship
- How both people in a friendship may define it differently
- Why you shouldn’t force a friendship, but, rather, trust in God’s plan for your relationship
- Why you don’t have a lot of “spots on the bench” for close friends
- Why intimate friendships take years to develop
- How to handle often feeling hurt or letdown by friends
- Why you might be unable to maintain friendships
- How to have better female friendships
- Why people might be awkward around you
- When you run the risk of being needy
- How to navigate a friendship that changes over time
Important Links from the Show
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #522 – Why People Keep Hurting You and How to Handle It
Leave me a message about this episode!
To submit requests for The Chalene Show: firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit requests for Build Your Tribe: email@example.com