Did you know there’s a strong chance you might be feeling drained / frustrated / resentful because you’re attracting hurt / broken / needy people into your life? Today, I’ll help you figure out how to establish boundaries within your relationships so you don’t find yourself running on empty!
- My childhood story of moving from the city to the country, rescuing wounded birds, and what I later learned from the experience
- When / how I took personal responsibility for the relationships in my life
- What kind of individuals attract needy people
- Why we attract those who are broken
- Why I, personally, sought very fragile people into my life
- What concept is at play when we seek needy peeps
- Why you’re responsible for the boundaries in your relationships
- Why you must recognize and catch your own (negative) patterns in relationships
- How to be effective and set boundaries as a parent, co-worker, etc.
- The power of clear boundaries
- Why you need to be okay with disappointing people (for the right reasons)
- Why you should consider if someone’s disappointment in you is coming from a reasonable place
- A personal story recounting the time when a friend asked Bret and I for a monetary favor
- My epiphany in regard to giving money to those who asked for it
- The question you must ask yourself if you find you’re often helping others (to the point where your energy is negatively impacted)
Important Links from the Show
Thank you to our sponsor, Sleep Number! Check out the biggest sale of the year and get 50% off a new bed.
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #325 – What to do When People Don’t Like You | Tips to Win Anyone Over
Leave me a message about this episode!
To submit requests for The Chalene Show: firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit requests for Build Your Tribe: email@example.com