Reinventing Your Business or Career When Changing Your Purpose
What do you do if your purpose or passion changes, especially if you’re making a shift away from something you’re currently known for, or it’s closely tied to your business or career? Where do you start when you feel like you must reinvent yourself? In this episode, join us at Marketing Impact LIVE as Chalene answers these questions, shares her own story about why she made a shift away from the fitness industry, and explains how you can make a change, too.
I hear from so many of you questions not only about how to find your purpose…which by the way I recently did an episode about this on The Chalene Show – episode 300 “4 Simple Questions to Find Your Purpose”…but what to do if you have another purpose or passion you want to pursue.
Today, I want to share my story, my truth in how and why I made a switch from the fitness industry to focusing on nutrition and overall health…and how you can do this, too whatever your new passion might be.
We cover everything from how to make a shift, where to start in pursuing a new passion or showing a different side of yourself, and how you can apply this to your business. We talk about the importance of listening to your followers and beta testing, your first steps in making things happen, and how it doesn’t need to be perfect, and you don’t even have to fully understand what it is yet to start.
This is a behind the scenes look at Marketing Impact LIVE, and a talk I gave that really resonated with my students there. I think you’ll enjoy it, too. It’s a live event, so you may hear some laughter or responses from the audience, but the message is clear, and I hope you’ll feel like you’re right there in the room with us!
What You Will Learn In This Podcast on Changing Your Purpose:
- Changing your passion doesn’t necessarily mean reinventing yourself. Instead, it simply means showing another side of yourself. (4:00)
- Your story is part of the journey. (4:20)
- You have more than one purpose and that changes with each season of your life. (5:15)
- Why you should replace your previously held beliefs about what your purpose is. (6:00)
- How to use your struggles and challenges to help others and find a new purpose. (6:30)
- How to go from survivor to conqueror. (6:45)
- Why I shifted away from the fitness industry and found a new purpose. (10:00)
- The importance of listening to your followers and co-creating what it is that they need and want from you as well as the importance of beta testing. (21:50)
- Why you should “make it messy.” (25:30)
- Step 1 in getting started. (26:00)
- Step 2 – Investing in others and how to hire. (28:00)
- For every $1 spent on personal development, you get a $7 return. In addition, the return is even higher when you implement. (28:50)
I hope you enjoyed this lesson from Marketing Impact LIVE. If you were listening to this episode, and you asked yourself, “but what IS my purpose?”…then, you need to listen to episode 300 of The Chalene Show: “4 Simple Questions to Find Your Purpose.”
It’s so limiting to think that we can only have one purpose in life.You have many purposes. And it will shift and change over the course of your life based on whatever challenges you face.
They are put in your life for a reason. You are here for a reason.And when you serve others, even if it’s just one person, your purpose is fulfilled. Make it messy. But just start!
Important Links from the Show
This Show is brought to you by:
Make a difference & make money doing it…Without it ever feeling like work.
For More Info on The 131 Method go to: www.131movement.com
Need Help Finding Your Purpose? Listen to “4 Simple Questions to Find Your Purpose”from The Chalene Show.
Leave me a message about this episode!
To submit requests for The Chalene Show: email@example.com
To submit requests for Build Your Tribe: firstname.lastname@example.org