YouTube has been around quite a while and is, in fact, the 2nd leading search engine. But what if you just don’t have the time to create long-form videos?
Today, I welcome Jelisa Smith — YouTube marketing coach. We dive deep into all things YouTube Shorts: how they’re gaining in popularity, best practices for business owners, repurposing content and more!
You’ll find out:
- What exactly is a YouTube Short
- How long a YT Short can be
- When Shorts began
- The data right now for Shorts (is it taking off, are people using it, etc.)
- Why it’s important to pay attention to what YouTube is doing
- How YT figures out what content to push to you
- My Shorts watching experience
- Jelisa’s gripes with Shorts
- Jelisa shows us how to navigate on Shorts
- Is it worth using Shorts?
- Thoughts on repurposing content for YT Shorts
- YT channels solely dedicated to Shorts (pros and cons)
- The easiest way to produce content for Shorts
- Why it’s best to record/upload content native to individual platforms
- Jelisa’s fave app for editing video
- Posting strategies for Shorts (quantity, etc.)
- Why/How Shorts is competing with TikTok and IG Reels
- How to grow your YT channel using Shorts
- The best way to create a Call To Action on Shorts
- Can you subscribe to a YouTube channel via watching Shorts?
- What is the Community Tab
- Clickable links on Shorts
- Will Shorts change the YT platform?
- Advertising on Shorts
- How long your Shorts content should be
- When you should create multiple Shorts out of ONE piece of content
- Details on creating Shorts within the YT platform (and is it recommended)
- Why I’m excited about Shorts
- YouTube Playlists featuring Shorts
Important Links from the Show
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
Learn more about Jelisa at jelisasmith.com
Get Your Free YouYube Master Class
Download the Patreon App and Join The Chalene Show at patreon.com/TheChaleneShow
Check out InstaClubHub! The ONLY All-In-One Instagram Resource Community Designed To… Grow Your Following and Reach More Customers on Instagram™ (All in Just Five Minutes a Day!)
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #567 – How To Stay Consistent Despite Challenges | Quick Tip Tuesday