There are all different types of addiction, such as substance and behavioral. But today, I focus, specifically, on social media addiction. I’ll cover many aspects of this all-too-common and debilitating issue — from how it affects us to what we should be doing about it. As part of the solution, I invite you to participate in my new challenge, “The Social Media Habit Refresh.”
You’ll find out:
- The definition of addiction per ASAM (American Society of Addiction Medicine)
- The idea of becoming a Social Media Minimalist
- The books that changed and impacted my views on screen time and social media
- What is MED (per, Tim Ferriss)
- What most studies show about the time spent on social media
- Why more of a good thing isn’t necessarily a good thing
- What’s really going on when you don’t feel like there are enough hours in the day
- What is solitude deprivation
- My personal social media refresh
- The public declaration I’m asking you to do
- What are low quality / low return activities and why you must schedule them
- Why / how I’m scheduling my time on social
- My current season (and why it’s similar to when my kids were small)
Important Links from the Show
Click here to subscribe to The Chalene Show!
Click here to rate and review!
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
Check out the Book Digital Minimalism
Check out the Book The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #584 – How to Reset Discipline and Focus
Leave me a message about this episode!
To submit requests for The Chalene Show: firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit requests for Build Your Tribe: email@example.com