To say this has been a difficult season for my family… would be an understatement. While I can’t get into too much information, I’ll do my best to recap and share a few details. Not to mention, I’ll provide updates on my vocal cord issue, dress for Brock’s wedding, and more!
However, the main content today is a surprise from Patreon — The Vault Level!
In this very special episode, I asked my Mom and Dad to join me. I had a question I needed to ask them about a family secret that was kept only from me. And it left me reeling for a period of time. I have never asked them about this before. But before we get to that I warmed them up by getting their perspective on young marriage, parenting, discipline, giving advice where it hasn’t been asked for and how to have more energy.
Trigger Warning: We do talk about domestic violence and addiction in this episode.
PS… After I listened back to the audio, I think the “bridge jumping” story might need some context. Backstory — I was hanging out with some much older, much wilder older boys, in a small blue collar town where fun was hard to come by and jumping off a very tall bridge seemed like a fun dare to take. I suppose it still hasn’t hit me how dangerous that was. In fact, I thought it was so cool I couldn’t wait to tell my parents about what I had just done. They had a very different reaction than what I expected. In fact, I think they’re still a little mad at me about that one.
Let me know your takeaways and observations about young marriage, discipline and family secrets.
You’ll find out:
- Why I’m so excited for Brock’s wedding
- Why I have no patience in the kitchen (including, my weird concoction)
- Details on my Patreon tiers
- My parents thoughts on my kids getting married so young
- Why I’m not worried about my kids getting married at their young age
- The one thing I would do differently (as a parent) than my parents
- The hardest part of parenting for my parents (especially during the teen years)
- How to not meddle in your children’s lives
- What my parents feel about how transparent I am with them
- How my parents were walking a tight rope during Bret’s gambling addiction
- How/why my parents still have so much energy
- What are the Senior Games
IMPORTANT LINKS FROM THE SHOW
Click here to subscribe to The Chalene Show!
Click here to rate and review!
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
Subscribe to Build Your Tribe!!!
Download the Patreon App and Join The Chalene Show at patreon.com/TheChaleneShow
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #882 – Keeping It Real About What Is Fake About Me