We all play the comparison game, but what happens when those thoughts become crippling?
Today, I help you understand what triggers (negative) thoughts of comparison, what makes them worse and what you can do to overcome them altogether.
You’ll find out:
- What prompted this episode
- When comparison can be good
- Why it’s not as hard as you think to break the comparison habit
- The 2 reasons why we compare ourselves
- What is social comparison
- Who we tend to compare ourselves to
- A simple question to ask yourself to stop the comparison game
- How predictability plays a role in comparison
- Why comparison today is so much more crippling than in years past
- How social media has changed comparison
- Why I encourage you to turn to prayer
IMPORTANT LINKS FROM THE SHOW
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
Download the Patreon App and Join The Chalene Show at patreon.com/TheChaleneShow
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #851 – Be Happier By Saying No To These Things