Everyone has experienced a difficult conversation at some point. These moments can be especially tricky when you’re the one who has to initiate the dialogue. Because, let’s be honest, most of us will try and avoid conflict whenever possible! In today’s episode, I’ll give you tips that’ll prove super helpful in these challenging situations — from finding the best approach to avoiding the friction which typically follows.
You’ll also find out…
- What type of individual continues to avoid conflict
- Examples of difficult kinds of conversations
- The worst time to have such a conversation
- Personal anecdotes from my relationship with Bret concerning mistakes made when picking the time to have an important talk
- Objectives that won’t serve you
- Objectives that will serve you
- Examples of different language to employ
- The power of empathy in these scenarios
- Why / how you might be sending mixed messages
Important Links from the Show
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #427 – 5 things Confident People Don’t Do
Leave me a message about this episode!
To submit requests for The Chalene Show: email@example.com
To submit requests for Build Your Tribe: firstname.lastname@example.org