We’ve all experienced the borderline impossible task of trying to figure out how to cancel free online trials and subscriptions. Well, that may be a thing of the past. And if you’re an online marketer, you need to know the Hows and Whys. Today, I review important warnings to keep in mind in regard to the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) cracking down on Free Trials, Continuity Programs and Subscription/Membership models. Remember, building trust with customers and serving your community is paramount!
You’ll find out:
- Examples of setting the urgency in the world of infomercials, etc.
- Why now you might see a “notify button” re: free trials ending
- Personal anecdote re: paying for online app subscription
- How I’m currently implementing membership trials for my programs
- What the FTC defines as dark practices (with examples)
- Who the FTC is (probably) mostly going after
- Why it’s important to have integrity in everything we do
- 2 core components of dark practices
- What is confirmshaming
- The LinkedIn lawsuit (they lost)
Important Links from the Show
Click here to subscribe to Build Your Tribe!
Click here to rate and review!
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
12 Tricks You Should Never Use in Your Products
Download the Patreon App and Join The Chalene Show at patreon.com/TheChaleneShow
Check out InstaClubHub! The ONLY All-In-One Instagram Resource Community Designed To… Grow Your Following and Reach More Customers on Instagram™ (All in Just Five Minutes a Day!)
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #564 – What Happens To Your Digital Assets When You Die
Leave me a message about this episode!
To submit requests for The Chalene Show: firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit requests for Build Your Tribe: email@example.com