We’ve all experienced the borderline impossible task of trying to figure out how to cancel free online trials and subscriptions. Well, that may be a thing of the past. And if you’re an online marketer, you need to know the Hows and Whys. Today, I review important warnings to keep in mind in regard to the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) cracking down on Free Trials, Continuity Programs and Subscription/Membership models. Remember, building trust with customers and serving your community is paramount!
You’ll find out:
- Examples of setting the urgency in the world of infomercials, etc.
- Why now you might see a “notify button” re: free trials ending
- Personal anecdote re: paying for online app subscription
- How I’m currently implementing membership trials for my programs
- What the FTC defines as dark practices (with examples)
- Who the FTC is (probably) mostly going after
- Why it’s important to have integrity in everything we do
- 2 core components of dark practices
- What is confirmshaming
- The LinkedIn lawsuit (they lost)
Important Links from the Show
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
Download the Patreon App and Join The Chalene Show at patreon.com/TheChaleneShow
Check out InstaClubHub! The ONLY All-In-One Instagram Resource Community Designed To… Grow Your Following and Reach More Customers on Instagram™ (All in Just Five Minutes a Day!)
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #564 – What Happens To Your Digital Assets When You Die
Leave me a message about this episode!
To submit requests for The Chalene Show: firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit requests for Build Your Tribe: email@example.com