Build Your Tribe
GOT KIDS? This is your episode.
Are you considering building a business as you raise your kids? It is most definitely possible. In this episode, I’m going to share with you my husband Bret and I’s experiences with doing just that. We’ve made some mistakes, let’s be real… we all do from time to time! But there were definitely some things that worked well for us. Both for our family and for our business.
We didn’t really put a lot of plan and thought into our strategies, but man oh man IF WE DID! That’s why I am here to help you.
Bret and I came from COMPLETELY different childhood backgrounds, but before we got married we were able to agree on one thing. We wanted to be able to work for ourselves AND be available to our family. So we made a goal from the start to build our business to the point in which it could sustain us and a family BEFORE having kids. I am going to share with you some of the strategies that we recommend to help you set yourself up for success.
Sleep deprivation was something I battled for around 12-15 years. Through developing this habit stronger over time, I never realized the increasingly negative effects it had on the quality of my life. My body language, demeanor, and work habits were affected dramatically. I definitely was not the best version of myself that I could be at the time. If sleep deprivation is something you feel that you battle as well, be sure to check out the episodes I have released a while back (if you haven’t already). In these episodes, I go in depth and conversed with experts to share how I got myself out of the battle I faced with my sleep. You can find the links to those episodes below.
I hope you enjoyed this episode, feel free to hit me up on the socials if you have any questions or thoughts!!
Questions Asked in This Episode
1. Did Bret and I have to make sacrifices? (8:05)
2. Which one is more important: business or family? (8:47)
3. Have you ever asked yourself, “Maybe I’m just someone who doesn’t need that much sleep”? (14:56)
4. What made a difference in my kids life? What didn’t? (24:10)
5. And so much more…
What You’ll Learn in This Episode
1. If what you’re doing as a business owner is 100% dependent on the hours that you work, there’s an automatic cap (4:40)
2. Why you can’t do it ALL really well, there are decisions to be made (8:50)
3. Bret and I’s #1 priority (9:27)
4. I would often start my work day around this time (12:38)
5. I lived in a state of chronic sleep deprivation for more than 10 years (14:10)
6. The two biggest negatives we faced that came out of running our own business from home (15:40)
7. A lot of people do a lot of things for their ego (19:15)
8. Things that Bret and I wish we had done differently when our kids were little (19:35)
9. We were flat out broke (20:24)
10. The Inez factor (WHAT?), You heard me… listen to find out this magic, game-changing trick (20:55)
11. I thought it would save us money to do things myself (WRONG) (21:50)
12. When my kids were in their teens, we experienced this shift in our life (23:35)
13. You can live more, without having to work more! (24:45)
14. The more flexibility you want, the more important it is for you to have a schedule (26:30)
15. If your priority is your kids, you must… (27:20)
16. I wanted my children to feel (28:15)
17. We had a safe word (28:45)
18. And so much more…
DOWNLOAD EPISODE 215 – Got Kids| Building a Home Based Business as a Parent
Other Episodes Mentioned
#1 Mistake Business in Business – How to go about outsourcing and finding the right people to help you!
If you didn’t listen to the episode released prior to this one, FOCUS HACKS FROM TOP ENTREPRENEURS, go back and listen RIGHT NOW! Within that episode, I interview some successful entrepreneurs (a few being parents of little ones), and they share with you their secret tricks to staying focused and accomplishing milestones in their businesses and personal lives.
If your goal is to LIVE MORE and WORK LESS…If your goal is to be happier and healthier… If your goal is to accomplish more without the stress..Go and check out Smart Success now! Go to SmartSuccess.com and watch the video there to learn a bit on how to the online course works. I didn’t know what peace felt like until my husband and I developed this system. It truly is success, the way YOU define it.
If you’d like to message me, CLICK HERE.