We all have room to grow in our relationships when it comes to communication. Whether you’re working on your own ability to be a better listener or you feel someone (important in your life) could improve their listening skills. Today, I get to the root of the matter by explaining how/why so much of our communication style is habitual (practiced for years!), different kinds of listening/listeners, how our environment factors into how we listen, and more! I’ll also provide some simple easy-to-remember tips to break bad listening habits and create good ones!
You’ll find out:
- What my audience recently shared with me re: what they struggle with
- How most of us learned how to communicate (with different examples)
- Why/how we all listen differently
- What is listening, exactly
- Different kinds of listeners
- Where we are the worst when it comes to listening
- The golden rule to listening
- What is RASA
- How my parents were with listening
- How to know you’re not a great listener
- Why there’s likely to be a few people in your life who are strong listeners
- Questions to ask yourself to improve your listening skills
- What happens when we become better listeners
- Why you might want to share this podcast with people in your life
Important Links from the Show
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #688 – How to Embrace Negative Feedback
Leave me a message about this episode!
To submit requests for The Chalene Show: email@example.com
To submit requests for Build Your Tribe: firstname.lastname@example.org