If you’re struggling to get traffic on platforms like Instagram or TikTok, you’ll learn on today’s episode why Pinterest may just be your ticket to growing a following! I interview, Pinterest expert, Rachel Emma Waring — who shares mind-blowing tips and strategies every business owner / entrepreneur / influencer needs to know! To be honest, it’s because of this conversation I’m freaking inspired to get back on my Pinterest game!
You’ll find out:
- Why Pinterest is a gateway for introducing yourself to new people
- How Pinterest differs from other social media platforms
- The time involved to grow your Pinterest
- Why Pinterest is more like Google or YouTube than Instagram
- Why / how Pinterest encourages you to send your viewers to other sites
- What is a pin
- What gets a lot of people to see your content
- Why most of the time searches on Pinterest are unbranded and how that benefits you
- Where you put your search terms on Pinterest
- What is a board
- Details on video pins and why you should be using them
- What features does Pinterest favor
- Portrait or landscape posts — which is better
- Why pinning once a day may be all you need to do to grow your account
- Is it important to clean house if you haven’t pinned in a while?
- Which industries MUST be on Pinterest
- Why / how Pinterest can be great marketing for your podcast
- Why you should utilize all the options (Pinterest provides) to promote your thing
- What is the headliner app
- Why captions on your video pins are crucial
- Do Story pins expire?
- All you need to know about Story pins
- The 411 on using a scheduling app for Pinterest
- How important is it to look at insights on Pinterest?
- Why it’s imperative not to judge the performance of your pins too quickly
- Why Pinterest is less chatty than other platforms
Important Links from the Show
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
Learn more about Rachel by going to RachelEmmaWaring.com
Rachel’s podcast: The Business Proposal
Free step by step “Get Started on Pinterest” Guide
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #475 – How to Monetize Your Social Media
Leave me a message about this episode!
To submit requests for The Chalene Show: firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit requests for Build Your Tribe: email@example.com