Trigger warning: Please know this episode talks about mental health and some very dark topics.
Recently, I have addressed the painful topic of mental Health. I have shared my own story, insight and advice from my own personal experience.
And I continue to receive many questions and personal messages from people who are going through or have gone through similar sad and tragic events.
However, I am not a professional mental health expert or a trained psychologist.
So, I asked my best friend, Dr. Mcayla Sarno, to answer some of these questions as well as give her guidance and advice on: boundaries, the guilt you feel, the difference between helping and rescuing and so much more.
You’ll find out:
- The actor (with mental health issues) I found on TikTok who reminded me to show up for people
- Why we often have a hard time setting up boundaries with family
- Why we don’t owe anybody anything
- How to help/rescue a family member who refuses to do their part
- Details behind a family intensive
- Why/how family obligations tear families apart
- Why we refer to ourselves in parts (having ONE personality with many parts to it)
IMPORTANT LINKS FROM THE SHOW
Make sure you scroll down, tap to rate with 5 stars, and then select, “Write a Review.” Then be sure to DM me with a screenshot and I’ll do my best to read your review on the air!
Listen to the episode “Finding the Right Therapist for EMDR and Leaving Neverland Follow up with Dr. Mcayla Sarno” – #399
Learn more about Dr. Mcayla at drmcayla.com
More information on Intensive Treatments
Send Dr. Mcayla an email at email@example.com
Follow Dr. Mcayla Instagram @drmcayla
Download the Patreon App and Join The Chalene Show at patreon.com/TheChaleneShow
If you liked this episode, check out Episode #884 – When a Loved Ones Mental Health Takes Over Your Life