A Thought-Provoking and Personal Interview on Mastering Your Mindset
In this episode, I get interviewed by Kailee Billerbeck, a 21-year-old psychology major at Chapman University. This young girl shared her dream with me. Her goal is to develop her own business, which would revolve around mentoring young female students to master their minds and achieve their potentials. She went on to ask me some really insightful, thought-provoking (and pretty personal) questions about building a business and developing your mindset.
Trust me when I tell you this girl knows how to pick at a brain. In many ways, she reminded me of my younger self and talking with her was very refreshing in that regard. She really helped me to words to my opinions and feelings by how carefully her questions were curated and thought out. I went back and listened to it and still found the whole conversation just as fascinating. I hope you find it interesting and entertaining as well. Would love to hear your messages and thoughts, so leave a message in the SpeakPipe below!
What You Will Learn In This Podcast About Mastering Your Mindset:
- Kailee asks Chalene what she had to sacrifice as a young entrepreneur. (1:00)
- We discuss the message of balance in life and in business. (3:30)
- Why it can be good to lose sight or get out of balance. (4:15)
- How to find success without destroying yourself and your balance. (6:20)
- Smart work is better than hard work. And what smart work means. (7:00)
- The key to work smart. (7:30)
- Social media boundaries to protect the mindset. (8:50)
- How I protect my mindset. (9:40)
- Preserving your sanity and staying focused on growing yourself. (17:00)
- My tendency of being a know-it-all and how I practice catching myself. (20:00)
- The more hurt and wounded people more, the less empathetic they are. (22:10)
- Dealing with being called sensitive for having empathy. (23:30)
- How to overcome something small. (28:00)
- Parallels between my life now and my life and mindset as a child. (36:30)
- Why I can’t stand complainers. (42:00)
- Disassembling a root belief. (48:30)
- And more!
Important Links from the Show
Check out these therapy platforms where you can meet a therapist online!
Follow Kailee on Instagram: @KaileeBiller
Be sure to check out and subscribe to Kailee’s podcast: Beyond the Surface
If you liked this episode, check out Episode 342 – When It’s Ok to Complain.
Leave me a message about this episode!
To submit requests for The Chalene Show: firstname.lastname@example.org